CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
  

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Zhën bàoqiàn. I’m really sorry.

Example 1:
A: Hâo jiû döu méiyôu gën nî liánxì, zhën bàoqiàn!
B: Méiguänxi, nî yìzhí hên máng ba.

A: It’s been so long since I contacted you last, I’m really sorry.
B: It’s all right. You must have been really busy.

Example 2:

A: Jïnwân de yànhuì nî néng cänjiä ma?
B: Zhën bàoqiàn! Wô jïnwân zhènghâo yôu shì.

A: Are you coming to the dinner party tonight.
B: I’m really sorry. I have an appointment tonight.

**************************************************************************************
This is an expression used to apologize for mistakes or improper behavior. Here, “ (zhën, really)” indicates the sincerity of the speaker.

Synonymous Expressions
Zhën bù hâo yìsi!

0 comments: